Yeast strain: S. Cerevisiae
Alcohol tolerance: 15%
Optimal pH range: 3.5-6.0
Recommended temperature range: 31-34 oC
Fermentation of grain mash: 0.40-1.0 gram per litre of wort or beer
Please note that the optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32-36 oC).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15-20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8 oC between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
DistilaMax® DS should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability. Shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum seal is not broken.