The humble plastic ball lock disconnect has been around a long time and is used by countless homebrewers around the world. Despite the extensive use they have seen little to no innovation for decades and KegLand wanted to change this. Enter the Duotight Ball Lock QD. The integrated Duotight design means you can connect your beer and gas line directly, easily and reliably with no need for additional fittings or clamps. It is a robust and super compact design that is incredibly easy to assemble and disassemble, making cleaning and sanitizing an absolute breeze!
Made from highly chemical resistant materials with stainless springs and ball bearings (no cheap ABS plastics here) this baby is extremely resistant to commonly used chemicals such as phosphoric based sanitizers and caustics. The incredibly small form factor allows for easy stacking of kegs. The new cap design ensures a pressure seal with just hand tightening and it can be completely taken apart for cleaning with no tools required.
Duotight Ball Lock QDs are offered in three sizes that correspond to the outer diameters seen on our line of EVABarrier Draft Tubing.
- 6.35 mm OD – features a very tight 3 mm ID that requires only 3.2 ft of length for adequate flow resistance. This is the ideal size for mobile draft or if you want to keep your kegerator as tidy as possible.
- 8 mm OD – the most common OD size of EVABarrier tubing. This size comes in two IDs (4 mm & 5 mm) and pairs up with the lion’s share of Duotight fittings and accessories. 4 mm ID is our most recommended size for beverage lines, requiring 5-6 ft. lengths. 5 mm ID is commonly used as gas line or when 10-12 ft. beverage lines are required.
- 9.5 mm OD – suitable for gas lines or long draw beverage lines. At 6.3 mm ID, this size is ideal for beverage lines that will be 20 ft. or longer in length.
- Ball Lock Quick Disconnect – Gas In
- Direct connect EVABarrier tubing
- Compact design won’t interfere with keg stacking
- Made from highly chemical resistant materials
- Disassemble by hand for quick and easy cleaning
- Three sizes available:
- 6.35 mm (KL24242)
- 8 mm (KL20756)
- 9.5 mm (KL20770)